Very proud to have been part of an amazing two days of music in the form of LUME Festival 2017!
Non-figurative Musikk made this video of our set, also set to be released on tape at a later date.
Scrapbook from Ma/ti/om tour:
And some video from Peter Fay.
12th January – JOT trio @ Noise Upstairs, Fuel Cafe Bar, Manchester
New improv trio with Otto Willburg & Johnny Hunter.
27th January – Kepler Orbit @ Club Integral, The Others, Stoke Newington
Another new improv trio, this time with Martin Pyne & Ed Riches.
9th February – Adam Fairhall/Tom Ward duo, Vortex, Dalston
Playing alongside Cath Roberts/Seth Bennett duo and Adam Fairhall solo, this will be a great night of improvisation back at the Vortex.
Madwort Saxophone Quartet Tour
To support the release of Live at Hundred Years Gallery on Efpi records, we’re doing some gigs around the UK, supported by Arts Council England!
- 12th February – Jazz North East / Splinter, Bridge Hotel, Newcastle
- 1st March – Plink Plonk, York Tavern, Norwich
- 2nd March – Blessington Carriage, Derby
- 5th March – IKLECTIK, London
- 6th March – The Wonder Inn, Manchester
14th February – Kepler Orbit @ Sonic Imperfections, New Cross
South London’s premier night for new music! And close enough that I can walk to the gig! Woohoo!
- 21 March @ Fizzle, Birmingham (Ti/om)
- 25 March @ 5 Years of Raw Tonk, London
- 26 March @ 5 Years of Raw Tonk, Manchester
- 27 March @ Plink Plonk, Norwich
- 29 March @ Safehouse, Brighton
- 20 May @ Non Figurative Musikk, Tønsberg, Norway
Very cool review of Ma/Ti/Om by We need no swords! Favourite quote “warty belch”…! 😀
Nice review of the Ma/ti/om review from Salt Peanuts:
“The tension between the three musicians, as the delicate balance, add a strange dramatic effect that deepens the dark, suggestive atmosphere of this piece. Impressive debut.”.
Now available to pre-order from Raw Tonk Records!
Ma/ti/om is the trio of Matilda Rolfsson (percussion), Tim Fairhall (double bass) and myself (bass clarinet & flute). We did some gigs in early 2015, and the trio immediately worked really well, so very pleased to be able to make available this recording of the group!